I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing (hopefully good), but I'm starting to get discontent with my life in Greensboro (but not in a "I hate life" kind of way). More of a "even though I don't like being around people very much, coming home from work and watching tv until I fall asleep is starting to lose some of its appeal" kind of way. This weekend was the first time I felt a little lonely since moving here (which I guess is great because that means I've had a month and a half of being fine!). (I seem to be using parentheses a lot). Anyways, this weekend was one of those times of just wishing some of my favorite college friends were around to go to dinner and have a game night or something. But it wasn't a terribly depressing time, just some wishful thinking. :) Making new friends takes a lot of effort, and I don't quite feel up to the task!
On another note, there was an elderly patient sitting in the lobby at work the other day who was talking to the elderly people next to her, and said something like, "I won't be voting for anyone this election. It's more like I'll just be voting against someone." I am inclined to agree with her. And that's probably the most politics that I'll ever mention on here (or in real life as well)...and if you happen to be very opinionated about one candidate or the other, really don't post a comment--I already know that I'm uninformed, and I also think arguing/debating over the internet is stupid :)
Oh and a few shout outs...my older sister's birthday was on Friday and my younger sister's birthday is this coming Monday--happy birthday Emily and Karin, I miss you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment