Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Mistakes I've Made At Work:

-I didn't put the coffee pot together correctly one day. The people sitting in the lobby could not get the coffee to work. I felt really dumb.
-I checked in a man who did not have anyone to take care of him after his extensive foot surgery. Evidently I'm not supposed to do that, and the doctor had to pay money to get him a home health care nurse. Oops.
-A woman asked me the status of a patient named "Rory". I looked on the chart and told the woman that she was doing just fine and was in recovery. Turns out Rory is a he.
-I started having a woman sign papers in her chart, and it turns out it was not her chart. And she was the one that noticed it.
-I did not have the patients that couldn't get their wedding rings off sign a "jewelry consent form." Who knew that was even needed?

There are plenty more, but those are the crazy ones. Work is...interesting. I enjoy a couple of the people I work with, but some people are just pretty mean. I guess another thing that comes with working in an office full of almost all women is lots of bickering and petty fights....seriously they are like 5 year olds sometimes. I don't want to become that!

Also, does anyone have a solution for extremely smelly shoes? I know that's kind of a gross question, but the shoes I wear to work most frequently are really really smelly and it needs fixing.

On another note, I made brownies a couple days ago and I burnt half of them. I actually didn't know it was possibly to burn brownies until I did it. But the un-burnt half tasted quite good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dr. Scholl's spray. Sold at Wal-Mart, in the pharmacy area. You spray it into your shoes, and it takes care of the smell. Not that I know from personal experience. Ummmmmmm.

Dani said...

I really love your blog. I'm sorry I'm not a better friend (like one that e-mails and calls you) but I'm so enjoying hearing about your daily life. Really. :) Sorry some of your co-workers are mean...there is a word for that...but I'll let it be. You should just start acting really weird around them so then they'll be afraid of you, haha. (Probably sounds funnier than it would actually be.) Anyway, just wanted to say hello and I miss being neighbors...a lot. Byebye lovebug!