Wednesday, August 6, 2008
Being a working girl (kind of)
I've been getting lots of questions about my job status, so for those of you who don't know--I have a job (hooray!). I've been working for a week and a half now at an outpatient surgery center that's only about 6 minutes from my apartment. Officially called the "intake coordinator" I'm basically just the front desk girl. I put together new patient charts, and check in everyone that comes in for surgery (which includes asking them slightly scary questions such as if they will want a blood transfusion if they happen to have a medical emergency, or if they have a living will). So far I've enjoyed it, though today wasn't the greatest because somehow I kept managing to mess everything up (and even got yelled at by a nurse) :( I have to be there at 5:45am ever day (which is hard but not as rough as it sounds), and the great part is that I'm done by 2:30 every day and have the afternoon to watch tv or run errands--which I love! I really love the girl that's training me, and one older lady that I work closely with. A few other ladies that I work with are not so nice or friendly and are pretty intimidating, but I'm still a new worker so they have to be at least a little nice to me at first ;-) Yay for having a job! Now if I can only find a new (safe) apartment that is still close by to work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yay for your work day ending so early- time to explore the G-boro- have you been to the Bog Gardens??? Ask Lisa to take you
Post a Comment