So, the sad news is that the unsecured internet I have been "borrowing" since October has disappeared. People were moving out a few days ago, and I think they took my free internet with them. Slighty frustrating, but something I knew would happen eventually. So while I'm in the process of finding the cheapest way for me to access internet in my apartment, I am daily trekking over to my apartment's clubhouse to borrow one of their laptops and spend a little time on their wireless. And today, it's nice. Today I am sitting and typing next to one of the big picture windows in the clubhouse. Outside is one of our two fishing ponds, with a fountain in the middle, our two resident swams sitting around, and flowers blooming in the warm(ish) weather. One of the office staff is baking chocolate chip cookies, and I'm able to put offmy to-do list of laundry and phone calls and bill payings and just enjoy the moment. Yay for living in the moment (something I'm not always good at)!
I've been enjoying life recently. I've been feeling good about my circumstances and myself. Not just because of a nice boyfriend I've found that likes to tell me how great I am ;-), and not just because the weather is getting warmer and more sunshiny, and not just because I've started to go to the gym every once in awhile to get endorphins to make me happy. It's "just because" I guess. Maybe a combination of things, and maybe just a little gift from God. But I'm really happy (even though I am internetless!) and don't dread getting up every day. Yay!
There are fun things coming up as well that are good to look forward to: work being closed on Good Friday (I have never heard of such a thing!), a day hike with Evan, a short trip to visit my little sister in Alabama, and a longer trip this summer to spend more time adventuring in Maine with my older sister and parents. Things are looking up :)
Who knows when my next update will be (Probably when I am a little poorer after paying for internet!), but there is my little list of happiness for you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
you finally get your day hike with EVAN!!! Oh that's going to be the BEST OF THE BEST :-)
It will be the day hike to end all day hikes...legendary indeed!
P.S. I'm glad you're happy :-)
Post a Comment