So it definitely needs to be said that holidays are not conducive to blogging at all!! Mostly because all of my thoughts sound like "Me Want Cookie!" and also because time at home equals no time away from the family at all. (And also no visiting websites other than facebook and gmail, because my dad stalks his daughters' internet usage, and let's face it--who wants their dad to read their blog???) But Christmas was good and I enjoyed sleeping in past 5am for 5 days in a row...I haven't gotten to do that since July before I started this job! My guinea pigs also had a wonderful Christmas and were pretty much the stars of the show. But in about 5 hours 2008 is coming to an end, so here are some things I've learned this year:
-Octopus is a horrible thing to eat. Horrible. But worth it, if people pay you to do it.
-Guinea pigs are more loveable than any human I've ever known.
-It's okay to take medicine sometimes.
-Sometimes new friends just show up and instantly become a good part of your life.
-Paying Rent is pretty much like throwing all your money down the toilet, except that it makes you be not homeless.
-It might be okay to admit that my sisters are my best friends.
-Purchasing mascara that isn't waterproof is never a good idea.
-Scary movies don't terrify you if you watch them with the Christmas tree lights on.
-Single girls can drive big Uhaul trucks all by themselves.
-Once your apartment has been broken into once, every time you come home you wonder if someone's been in there while you were gone.
-Used book stores drain my bank account.
-There is no way that 2009 can NOT be better than 2007 and 2008!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I remember the Octopus!! I wonder whatever happened to those photos... your face was p-r-i-c-e-l-e-s-s! :-D
Post a Comment