I checked in a woman at work today who was coming in for an operation on her eye. She was wearing a ring with a diamond as big as my eye (and I'm serious there is no exaggeration there), a bracelet studded with diamonds, and other jewelry that, if sold, could probably be enough money to live off of for 10 years. After they had left the nurse that was working with the woman asked me if I had seen her ring, and I said yes (how could anyone not see it??) So we were talking at how much money all that must have cost, and this nurse said, "My mama always told me it's just as easy to love a rich man as it is to love a poor man! I ended up marrying a poor man, and we're still poor, but money doesn't always make you happy." The nurse told me that this woman's husband was really grumpy and rude and complaining because he had to be there to take her home after her procedure. She might have gotten a lot of money off of him for fancy jewelry, but they didn't seem to be too happily married.
And the moral of the story is that you can't count on money to make you happy (or men!) ;-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment