Friday, November 20, 2009

I'm so sad on Fridays because I don't get to go to work the next day

For over a year now I have been working under a lady who is such a GOOD boss and who everyone LOVES. I simply ADORE her. In honor of her, here are some things that, in my opinion, that a good boss would do:

-Say "hello" to her employees when she comes in for the day.
-Inform her employees when she's hired someone new that's going to be working with them.
-Not have a look of "Whatareyoutalkingabout yourethethedumbestpersoniveeverseen" whenever one of her employees talks to her or asks her a question.
-Tell her employees when they're doing a good job.
-Know what her employees do and be able to answer their basic questions.
-Help her employees when they are overwhelmed instead of sitting in her office chatting on her cell phone all day. This, of course, can only be done if she knows what her employees actually do (see above).
-Not tell her employees their job is "boring" when in actuality it is stressful and she wouldn't have a clue how to handle any of it if she were in the position.
-Not give an employee extra work that is someone else's job because said employee is paid less and she doesn't want to have to pay higher-paid employees to do said work.
-Be able to know how to answer the phone after working at the company for over a year.
-Leave her office door unlocked when she steps out for a few minutes because she trusts her employees and does not think they will steal her stuff or read all her "important" documents.
-Is willing to park far away from the building just like her employees, instead of making calls to see if she can get her name painted on the parking spot closest to the building.

Oh the list could go on. Oh how I love my job.

No comments: