I've recently been reminded of how much I enjoy and value order and consistency. There are times that I enjoy being spontaneous, and there have been changes in my life that have been extremely good for me (ie moving to Greensboro), but there is something about the familiar of a routine that puts my heart at ease. Here are some things I can count on seeing during my work week that I've begun to look forward to:
-The sound of me getting my breakfast wakes us my guinea pigs. They then sqeak for their breakfast too.
-The man always standing at the bus stop in the dark at 5:30am. Wearing a backpack, holding a hanger with a button-up shirt hanging on it. I wonder about his life.
-The way all the stoplights change immediately just for me on my way to work, since no one else is on the roads that early in the moring.
-The way Jim, the laundry man, is always waiting in his truck when I get to work. He waits for me to open the building and turn off the alarm so he can come in and bring a fresh supply of scrubs, sheets, and who knows what else.
-My creepy old man neighbor is always waiting on his front patio for me when I get home from work. He always wants to talk about how my day is going.
-My guine pigs running and hiding when they hear the front door open as I arrive home from work, then sqeaking loudly for a snack.
There are so many more, but those are the main highlights. And now for something to brighten your day considerably, here is my little cheez-it (she did this all by herself):
No comments:
Post a Comment