Sunday, January 25, 2009

Digital TV, etc.

So, I don't have tv. Well, I actually have two tv's in my one-person apartment, but I can only watch movies on them. I am too poor to afford cable, and I don't have any sort of antennas to pick up even any local channels. This has been slightly hard for me because, let's face it, I LOVE TV. Anyways, so in the middle of February is this whole change over to digital tv or whatever the crap it is (I really don't understand any of it). You can apply to get government coupons to get your tv converter box (which you only need if you aren't hooked up to cable). So, I thought I was a really smart person and was like, well, I'll get the coupons, get my converter box for free, and then I'll at least be able to pick up local channels for free! So I got my coupons...you could get 2, each worth $40, so I got both of them just incase the boxes cost more than $40 (which they do). So I'm at Walmart and Target yesterday comparing the prices on tv converter boxes, and you want to know what's lame? You still have to hook the converter box up to your antenna. And I don't have an antenna. And right now I am not going to buy an antenna (because there are more important things to spend money on, like food). So now I have $80 worth of coupons for a tv converter box that expire in April, and I'm probably not going to use them. Lame lame lame! Guess it's back to watching movies....

1 comment:

Tracy said...

You should do what Jeremy and I do- watch all your favorite shows on-line. Most of them post new episodes a day after they air- it is nice to not pay for cable, but still get to indulge a little when you want :)