Monday, October 6, 2008

Another fresh start

I am all moved in to my new apartment! Hooray! I turned in my keys to the old place, grabbed all my stuff out of Lisa's house (except I think I left a jar of jam in her fridge), and am officially living in my new place. I even hung pictures today! :) Some interesting facts about the new place:

-There are two HUGE swans that live in the apartment complex and have evidently resided here for years. One is named Heathcliff, and my neighbor doesn't know the female's name so that is still a mystery. But it is enjoyable to watch them pick in the grass in the evenings outside my window.

-My next door neighbor is a disabled Vietnam war veteran. He is a nice old man, but he slurs his words together so badly that I can hardly understand a word he's saying to me. But he's nice nonetheless.

-I think I go asked out for coffee by the middle-aged man living on the floor above me...I'm hoping I misunderstood him, because that's a little sketchy--but not as sketchy as being broken into, so I'm okay! :)

-The clubhouse has free cookies put out every day!

-Residents do not dump their trash in the laundry rooms like they did at my old place. That is quite nice.

-They have recycling here! yay!

So far, so good.

No comments: