Friday, December 17, 2010

Update and Advent

It has been awhile, and I don't know where to start. The summer ended with my little sister leaving her life in Alabama and driving up here to live on my futon. She's been doing great--found a job and is making friends. We've both agreed that she needs to be out by the end of the year, since really my living room is not the best place to live, so she has been apartment-searching around the area. It is great having her in town and spending time with her.

This advent season has been good for my heart. In the time leading up to Christmas day when Jesus is born and prophecies fullfilled there is such a feeling of anticipation and groaning. Waiting. I feel like that is often the state of my life--usually in a good way, thankfully. I am EAGERLY awaiting the second coming of Jesus, when all tears will be wiped away and all things will be new. My soul was made for that day, and longs to come home to it. I've thought this was pretty normal until a few months ago as I was praying over some friends. I said, "And Jesus please come back soon". My friends laughed and had a slightly puzzled look on their faces. And I had to say "Of COURSE I want Him to come back soon!" No pleasures in this life could even come close to the joy of being with my Jesus. I think that's why advent just resonates with me. What a time to anticipate all being right with the world, and reflect on the goodness of God come to earth!

No comments: