Saturday, July 11, 2009

Old friends!

A few weeks ago my wonderful friend Ashleigh came with Grandma Lois to stop by and have some lunch with me on their way to South Carolina. It is always good to spend time with old friends!





Ashleigh and I have been friends since 4th grade when we were both in Mr. Sipple's class. We actually met in 1st grade when we were both called on to come up front during a Smokey the Bear presentation, but we didn't even realize that until years later. Ashleigh and I were best friends in middle school and stayed friends in high school even though we didn't go to school together. We were roommates freshman year at CNU and have stayed friends ever since!




So Ashleigh and her grandma stopped by and took me out to lunch and we also stopped in at a cute coffee shop. It is always refreshing to catch up with people that knew what was happening in your life when you were 10 years old. I'm so thankful that Ashleigh and I have stayed good friends even though we've both changed a lot since our days at Grafton Village Elementary, and hopefully we'll be able to laugh about our childhood stories even when we are old grannies.

No comments: