Ach--so it's been almost two weeks since I've updated you on my extremely exciting life! It really bothers me when people only update their blog like once a month...and now I'm turning into just such a person!
The biggest accomplishment in my life most recently is actually a fairly large one (for me). For the first time in my life, I cooked dinner for company! I was nervous allll day. But I think it turned out! Lisa, Finley, and I and sometimes Daryl have been taking turns cooking dinner and having everyone over every week or two, and it finally came to be my turn. I made a chicken recipe I found on the internet. I know you're never supposed to try out a new recipe on company, but since I've never really cooked a single thing before, ANY recipe would be a new one! So it all turned out and we ate and it wasn't bad (though my kitchen was quite the disaster). They were also good sports and ate on the living room floor with me, since I am still without a dining room table for now (hopefully not for much longer). Also in the same day as cooking dinner I baked cookies from scratch (pretty much my first time doing that as well), and they're so good! All in all, I am extremely proud of myself (though probably not as proud as my mom is--I even cooked a vegetable!!!) I still can't say I LIKE cooking (why spend an hour on something when hotpockets only take 2 minutes to warm up?), but it's good to know that there is at least one thing I can cook without it being a total disaster. Yay me!
That was my most proud moment of the week, and I also have a most awkward moment of the week. While hanging out with a group of friends a woman who I've met a couple of times started asking me about my husband...and I looked at her and told her with all seriousness I didn't have a husband....and she thought I was joking...because I was sitting next to Jordan Maroon...and she thought Jordan Maroon was my husband. Um yeah, went slightly red in the face. But that wasn't even the most embarrassing part...a few minutes later she turned to me and said "are you dating?" Now me, being in my own little world, thought she was just being curious and asking me about my dating life. So I said "no not right now". She kind of winked at me and I just smiled. Looking back, I think she was asking if Jordan and I were dating, and I calmly told her "not right now", implying that either we used to or that I am hoping that we will be soon... (poor Jordan hahah). I'm so good at awkward moments! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
haha...classic awkward moment -- love it. And cooking is just like anything else -- you'll start getting more and more comfortable with it as you do it more. :) I really enjoy cooking -- let me know if you ever want some tasty tried and true recipes. :-) Love you, girl!
~Suzy
That is hilarious- "no, not yet!" LOVE IT- oh, Jordan Maroon- did he get a kick out of it? I still can't say I've made cookies from scratch on my own- I'm always with someone who is more experienced than I :)
Post a Comment