Things I miss about Raleigh:
-The public Library. Admittedly, I haven’t been to the library’s main branch in Greensboro, but the branch nearest to my apt. has a total of I think maybe 12 books. And the website is not nearly as informative as Raleigh’s. And Raleigh’s libraries provide you not only with a library card, but also a miniature library card to fit on your keychain (seriously, you don’t know how handy that is until you have one!). Greensboro does no such thing.
- The $1.50 movie theatre. I only went there twice in Raleigh, but it’s just a huge happiness to know that such a thing is nearby. If there is such a place in Greensboro, no one has informed me of it yet. So sad.
- The 3 minute drive to Walmart. I was so, so close to Walmart in Raleigh. It’s probably better that it’s like a 15 minute drive in Greensboro, I guess that means I won’t go there as often?
- TV nights with Amy P. Most of my nights in Greensboro are tv nights for me, but participating in mindless tv watching with Amy and Nelson the dog just can’t be beaten.
- Third floor apartment. Although it’s much easier to move into a first floor apartment, I can’t even begin to describe the creepiness of three separate occasions when men walked right up to my window and stood there looking at me.
Things I love about Greensboro:
- Living by myself. Not that I have not enjoyed my roommate experiences (they have all worked out great), but for some reason I just really love living alone! So far so good :)
- The Farmer’s Market. Minus the fact that being there sends me to the doctor (see previous post), I think it will be a great resource and a fun place to go on Saturday mornings!
- Spending time with new friends. I have had a great time getting to know some people. From games nights and dinners out to shopping and walks in the park, it's been great.
- The Parks. There were lots of parks in Raleigh, but I only went to two of them because I wasn’t sure if it’s an okay thing for a girl to go to a park alone. (is it? Who knows.) Of course it’s the same situation in Greensboro, but I’m on my way to making friends that already know all the parks and are glad to go with me and show me around :)
- Having Chick-fil-A 2 minutes from my apartment. I’ve only been there once (I don’t want to get too addicted!), but just the comfort of having one so close by warms my heart….
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
i miss TV nights with you too!
Amy, I love that you have a blog! It's so good to hear about how life in Greensboro is going. :) But you never told me what your new job is! What is it?!
This is fun- I miss things about Raleigh too- but the longer you are in the G-boro, the more fun things you will find. Just ask Lisa!
sooooo I DEFINITELY agree with missing the $1.50 theater. Just wait a few months longer to see a movie and you get to pay A WHOLE LOT LESS to see a great movie. They should have one of these theaters in EVERY town :) and I miss you too miss amy!!
Amy! Thanks for including me in your extra-exclusive list of blog readers. I miss you, and I'm happy you have a blog. Even if I don't get to see you, I enjoy reading about what you're up to. :)
Post a Comment